Tuesday, February 17, 2015

If Only I Could, I Would...



Every day at 6am,
I wake up to my alarm, 
A brand new day, by Sting.

Turn the clock to zero, honey
I’ll sell the stock; we’ll spend all the money,
We’re starting up a brand new day.

While he sings of leaving all his cares behind, I run a hot bath; even the shower is not my solace. Making mental notes, planning the days menu, making a list of groceries that need to be picked and deciding the days outfit, it all happens in the 8 minutes that I am in the shower. If I had the luxury of doing things differently I certainly would like follow life according to my priorities.

A video from IDBI and the Be Befikar Umar Bhar campaign really forced me to put things in perspective. Here I am, almost on the verge of passing out in an 8.45 local, making a whimsical Bucket list of things, that I would do differently if I had the resources.





#1
Quit my job, it’s not something that I really enjoy doing. But since it pays the bills I have to sit on the desk like a corps and take each day as it comes. I want to be able to freelance. Work on my own terms, make time for my son, for my husband, for my friends and most importantly for my self. I want to cook and bake like a regular soccer mom. Creative gratification and something that challenges me, am I asking for too much??

#2
Travel. Solo. Feel the sand in my toes and the wind in my hair. Live like a local, try delicacies from around the world. Listen to their stories, share mine. I’ve haven't taken a vacation from work for the past one and a half year. I need a break, but my commitments have had me tied down.

#3
A small little herb garden in my in my out house. A greenhouse full of organic produce. A golden retriever and two Persian cats. A Machan over looking my wheat produce, where I do practice my morning yoga, as the dawn breaks in on me. A second home is certainly on my list. Somewhere not too far from the city, but far enough to leave the white noise behind.

#4
Support my parents financially. They are people with limited aspirations. But if only I had a little spare resources I would have loved to send them packing on a trip abroad, something that they have never done before. They spent their life time in giving me all that they could. Now it’s my turn to take care of them.

#5
Financial security. I want to be able to live with peace of mind that there is money in the right place to take care of thing whenever the need arises. Planning that is so perfect that I get regular pay outs and a backing of a good cover that takes care of my loved ones needs after am gone. 

Am working towards this dream, hope I can cross all of the above, well in time.

This post is a part of IDBI #BeBefikarUmarBhar  campaign in association with Indiblogger, log on to http://bit.ly/BefikarUmarBhar to know more.

     

0 comments:

Post a Comment