Thursday, December 11, 2014

Feed ME first then feed my BRAIN.




Here I am,
In the comfort of my office. The AC is at a pleasant 24. Its 2pm and am getting restless. The cook at home is on a leave, so my home cooked wholesome meal will have to be replaced by a sub. It’s been almost thirty minutes since I’d sent the peon to get it. Should have called for the pizza instead…. at least it would have been here by now.

He finally shows up. I can’t help but pound my frustration on him. What can I do, can’t help it. You don’t want to be around me when am hungry. My throbbing migraine comes back, and I just can’t operate. Happy that even though he was late, he didn’t forget to get my double chocolate chip cookie. What can I say; I need my sugar to keep my sanity.

My phone buzzes; it’s reminding me that I need to write for post on classroom hunger. There couldn’t have been a better time for this. If I, being a grownup, can’t operate without food for even a few hours, I can’t imagine what a little child goes through.

Food and good nutrition, one of the most basic necessities to survive are simply not meet for thousands in out progressive nation even today. An undernourished generation will never shine to its true potential. How can you feed his brains if his stomach is empty?
  
Akshaya Patra an NGO, understood the urgency and has started an amazing midday meal programs in government schools

No child in India shall be deprived of education because of hunger.”- Akshaya Patra
Today, through the partnership with the Government of India and various State Governments, as well as philanthropic donors; the organization runs the world’s largest mid-day meal program. Built on a public-private partnership, Akshaya Patra combines good management, innovative technology and smart engineering to deliver a nutritious and hygienic school lunch.
It has goals to reach over 5million kids by 2020.
Apart from this there have a lot more noble initiatives under their wings. Hop on over to their site and learn more about them.

Akshaya Patra, the future of India is highly indebted.  
I am going to #BlogToFeedAChild with Akshaya Patra and BlogAdda.

0 comments:

Post a Comment